How many times have you sat down with your partner and asked yourselves ‘Soooo what do you want to do tonight? Where do you want to go? Or, been on vacation and wondered what to do next?
This is an issue I see a lot with my clients when they’re in the process of increasing their intimacy in their relationship. They run out of ideas and at times forget how to get to know each as they grow as individuals and as a couple.
One of the couples I work with came up with the following idea… I’m sure you’ve heard of the ‘gratitude jar’ where you write down what you’re grateful for that day and put it in the jar. Well, they have a ‘date box’. They got together during a date night, wrote down thirty things they want to do on separate pieces of paper, decorated a box and put the pieces of paper in the box. The goal is to pick a piece of paper and do what it says that night so there’s no more wondering what to do on Friday or Saturday nights! Cool huh!
Well, here I’m taking their idea (with their permission) a little further. I’ve come up with 52 date ideas for you. Some you can do during the summer and some during the cold months of the year.
Here they are:
1. Go to a baseball game
2. Go to the gym together
3. Go to the movies
4. Get takeout, go to the park with your laptop and watch a movie
5. Go to the beach and sunbathe
6. Go to the beach at night and moonbathe with some delicious wine under the full moon
7. Have a picnic in front of your TV
8. Go for a bike ride
9. Go for a bike ride at night with reflectors
10. Go to a concert on the green
11. Go hiking
12. End your hiking with a picnic
13. Go camping just the two of you
14. Go fishing
15. Go Kayaking
16. Take a SUP lesson together
17. Go wine/whiskey/beer tasting
18. Have a game night
19. Watch a themed travel movie – If you’re planning on visiting Paris, watch a movie filmed in Paris
20. Plan a vacation together or weekend getaway
21. Play your childhood favorite game
22. Go out for ice cream
23. Go to the farmers market
24. Go to a car show or festival
25. Take a 8 hour road trip
26. Have a bonfire at the beach or in your back yard
Make sure you're enjoying your summer!
With love + admiration,
Please like and share this post with that special friend who needs it! Thanks XO